Banana Crème Pie Cupcakes
Makes: 12 Cupcakes
Time: 40 minutes
- 1 box white cake mix
- 2 whole bananas
- 1/3 butter, melted
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 3 eggs
- 24 Nilla Wafers
- 1 package banana instant pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 4 oz cream cheese, soften
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 banana sliced into 12, thin pieces
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Combine the cake mix, two bananas, melted butter, water and eggs in a large bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Take half of the Nilla Wafers and place one into the bottom of each cupcake liners. Scoop batter on top of the wafers, filling the liners ¾ of the way.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, then transfer cupcakes on a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cupcakes cool, combine the instant pudding and the milk in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth then allow the pudding to set for 5 minutes.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the center out of each cupcake. Spoon the pudding into the cupcakes, then top with a piece of the cut out cupcake to cover.
- Make the frosting by combining the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Pipe the frosting onto each cupcake. Top with remaining Nilla wafers and banana slices.